Wednesday 21 September 2016

For One Month Only...Cheap Thrill #7


Oh how I love September days like this one

So this week’s cheap thrill is…September.  For years my love of this month has been overshadowed by back to school malaise, and the fact that the weather is usually nicer than it has been for the whole of the summer holidays, and I’m stuck inside!
But not this year. This year I can glory in beautiful September days, the subtle change in light, the air of Christmas excitement just around the corner (I can ignore the inherent stress that this brings for now) and just a clear sense of the changing seasons.

Mmmm. Jam

It is difficult to quantify why I love this month so. It’s something to do with crunching through leaves (almost as good as lime tree seeds, it appears), ripening blackberries, which my hubby turns into amazing jam, and the slight chill in the air that means we no longer feel driven to put salads with all our meals. Salads, in our house, are affectionately known as ‘green sh*t’, and while we do enjoy them, there is something so much more comforting about mashed potatoes, bright green cabbage and gravy! 
The other joy of course is that, because it is now getting cooler, we are able to cover up our less than svelte forms with baggy brushed cotton shirts and snuggly jumpers…what’s not to love!

I'm so lucky to live opposite here

For me October means the dreaded clock change, which brings a whole world of pain, but for now I am relishing September - it’s only here for a few more days, and it really is joyous!

No comments:

Post a Comment