Tuesday 16 August 2016

Cheap Thrill #2

Appreciating the simple things in life is not easy if you're in a less than happy place. That being said, on Sunday afternoon my husband dragged, cajoled, persuaded me to stop ‘sitting’ and go for a walk around the village - only to the post box, not exactly a mammoth trek!

A lime tree - apparently
Just around the corner from our house is an enormous, what I now know to be, lime tree. I’ve never paid it much attention before - it’s just a chuffing big tree. But it seems this tree produces seeds, and these seeds fall onto the ground and dry out. 

Who knew they could provide so much fun!
And when they dry, they crunch. Oh how they crunch. It was like walking on a carpet of popcorn! I can not tell you how much pleasure this gave me…it was so much fun! I joyously jumped up and down like a loon, loving every minute! And my gloriously tolerant husband didn't criticise or mock, he just grinned like an idiot, thrilled to see me caught up in the moment.

It was immediately clear to me that this needed to be Cheap Thrill #2 - obviously cheap and thrilled me to bits! So much so that I fabricated an excuse to walk to the local shop yesterday, just so that I could enjoy all over again! 

Sunday afternoon shoes!
I appreciate that, if little things please little minds, then this would indicate that I am in possession of a seriously minuscule mind, but the joy, oh the joy! 

1 comment:

  1. This made me grin like a loon! I love the picture of your jumping up and down without a care for a few moments x

    ReplyDelete