Tuesday 13 September 2016

Another Proper Freebie: Cheap Thrill #6

The Eden Project: amazing

I don't suppose I am alone in not being fond of Tesco. Over the years they seem to have become greedier and more unscrupulous, and just don't possess that 'feel good factor'. Nevertheless, I shop there most weeks, mainly because Lidl don't sell Horlicks...
Because I shop there, I collect club card points, and this brings me to today's cheap thrill. 
Before we came to Cornwall, I exchanged some of my vouchers for tickets to the Eden Project, making our day out very cheap (free, in fact) and boy was it thrilling. How anybody could look at an empty clay pit and have the vision to create what we experienced today amazes me. I loved everything about it: the biomes, the gardens outside, the walks. Incredible.

Inside the Rainforest Biome
Not only did we save the entrance fee (£22.50 for oldies) we also queue jumped because we had prepaid vouchers! Cue much glaring from lots of other people - most of whom qualified to live in the land of the blue rinse! 



A really fantastic day, that only cost what we spent in the cafe. So, swap your Tesco vouchers, don't just spend them. If we have to shop there, we may as well make them pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment